Cinema & TV SERIES
What Comicon does
for Cinema e TV series
Cinema and TV sERIES are among the areas on which COMICON has based the cross-media nature of its festivals. In these areas we offer spectators not only dozens of events, or Italian/International premieres and special screenings on event days, but also special talks with national and international guests and popular meet & greets for fans.
COMICON creates other activities in these areas throughout the year, in collaboration with some of the leading players in the audiovisual sector in Italy, such as screenings-events, art exhibitions or co-marketing activities, always inspired by the mission of placing cinema and TV in a framework that cuts across the worlds and audiences of pop culture.
- Organization of screenings and activities to promote cinema and TV series titles
- Collaborations with producers, distributors, cinema theaters, cultural institutes and cultural locations
- Most recent exhibition: "The New Flesh. Italian comics pay homage to David Cronenberg's cinema" (Rome, Milan), in cooperation with Lucky Red Distribution, and live drawing performance
- Partnership with MIA Market - International Audiovisual Market (Rome): curatorship of the "Comics Pitching Forum" section of MIA, with a selection of audiovisual projects pitched by comics artists/publishers
- National and international guests and premieres, meet & greets, press junkets, art exhibitions and special screenings: "Robots" with 20th Century Fox (world premiere); "Daredevil" (national premiere) in the presence of Joe Quesada; "V for Vendetta" (national premiere) in the presence of David Lloyd.
- Partners: Rai Cinema, Sky Italia, Warner Bros., Paramount, 20th Century Fox, Netflix, Prime Video and many others.
- Special exhibits: original vehicles from "Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015).